How to contribute to this site
Table of contents
- What is this site about and how can I contribute?
- Sign up and login information
- How to write a post and uploading files
- About writing posts
What is this site about and how can I contribute?
The Doom Midi Repository is a place where musicians can upload their tracks for the classic Doom games, Heretic and Strife. The primary purpose is for the authors to share their midi tracks, but other formats are welcome too.
The repository is built around authors contributing their own content and thus sharing it with the rest of the community. This way we hope that other parties in the community such as level designers will be able to find suitable music for their projects.
Sign up and login information
Everyone is welcome to sign up as a user for the website. When you do, you are assigned a Subscriber role. If you want to write posts and share your music, then you will have to be assigned an Author role. Contact the admins via the Contact form if you wish to be an Author.
- When you register as a user you will receive an e-mail with a link. You need to click this link in order to create a password of your own choosing.
- After registrering to the site you are then able to comment on posts. If you want to upload files and create posts yourself you will have to send the admins a request via the Contact form. Please state your purposes and intents in the message.
Writing a post and uploading files
After you have been granted the role as Author by the admins you will be able to write posts and use the media library to place your music and images.
- After logging in to the site you should go to the “Profile” page. There you will be able to see all the posts you have made. If you want to create a new post click “Create New Post”.
- Remember to
- give your post a meaningful and precise title.
- click Add Media button if you want to insert an image or most importantly one or more midi files!
- give your post relevant Categories and Tags. The latter is up to you, the former are predefined. If you have suggestions for other Categories write the admins.
- upload a Featured Image. This will be the image used on the frontpage and at the top of your post.
About writing posts
Your post or posts should be easy to read with as much useful information about your music as possible. You are free to write as much or as little as you like. There are no limits to how many posts you can make, so you can decide if you want to make one post with all your work or several posts about single files or full albums.
The posts are read and monitored by admins to ensure that they are not offensive or contain irrelevant material. The admins are free to edit or delete posts that violate these simple terms. The author will of course get a notice first to correct it unless it is severe in which case they will get notified about the changes afterwards.
We prefer not to ban people, but failure to follow these simple guidelines will of course make the admins considder or instate a ban.